Membership is free of charge until 30 January 2022.
We are accepting the following type of members:
- Membership for Solicitors in England & Wales
- Membership for CELIX Fellows
- Membership for Solicitors other than in England & Wales
- Membership for Registered Foreign Lawyers (Common Law Jurisdiction)
- Membership for Registered European Lawyers
- Membership for Overseas Qualified lawyers from any jurisdiction in all over the world
- Membership for Barristers (anywhere in the world)
- Memberships for Judges (anywhere in the world)
- Membership for UK Law Students
- Membership for Overseas law Students or in all over the world
Requirement for the Membership
This is the member’s responsibility to prove that he or she is qualified for the required ILA membership.
Objectives of the International Lawyers Association (ILA)
ILA gives you easy access to develop the skills and knowledge you need to develop your career while ensuring compliance. We mainly focus on the following factors to achieve our objectives.
- Fostering links between the legal practitioners of different jurisdictions.
The purpose behind the objective is to equip the members with information and training to transfer their qualifications from their jurisdictions into the qualification of England & Wales. e.g., SQE and BTT tests etc.
Promoting the rule of law and speedy justice.
In broader prospect, ILA organises International and National Conferences /Events to compare the UK legal jurisdiction and the overseas legal jurisdictions to promote the Rule of law and the Legal profession all over the world.
- Stimulating legal training and high standards of education.
ILA’s specific objective is to provide legal training to legal professionals in England & Wales and related professionals all over the world. ILA provides expert guidelines on the Law Society’s accreditations and legal aid contracts to sole practitioner solicitors and solicitors’ law firms in England & Wales. E.g., Lexcel, CQS and LAA.
ILA arrange raining for solicitors to eliminate the risks to secure professional indemnity insurance for solicitors’ sole and recognised body law practices. ILA assist you to keep in place up-to-date policies and procedures in accordance with Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)’s requirements in your practice.
If you are just thinking of starting up your own practice, already running your practice or even thinking of selling, merging, or closing your practice, ILA can help you with that.
ILA supports to student members in the UK and overseas to advise on their career. ILA assist you in securing trainee contracts as trainee solicitors and pupilage as the potential barristers.
- Voicing against human rights violations across the globe in tandem with UN Human Rights and ECHR.
International Lawyers Association strongly raise its voice against the violation of human rights in all over the world regardless of the rights of lawyers.
Understanding of legal issues
International Lawyers Association is organizing Debate Dinners for legal professionals to make a clear understanding on complex legal issues.
Please Click the Law Society’s Link for the advice on career to become a Solicitor
Please Click the Law Society’s Link to book a recognized course for your learning as Solicitor
Please Click the Bar Standard Board’s Link for the information to become a Barrister